Mathematica for Linux

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:07:27 MST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 5:09 PM, Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2007 1:34 pm, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> > There was a nice presentation on Sage[0] at Phoenix Bar Camp[1] this
> > weekend.  So, it is very funny to see it mentioned here.  Obviously
> > it is gaining traction.  First Wired[2], then Slashdot[3] and BarCamp
> > and now Phoenix Linux User Group. :)  Happy Mathing.
>

> the originator of this thread is probably tying to generate interest for
> BarCamp. (coincidence is rarae).

  apparently not rare enough... I had no idea Sage was a topic at
BarCamp, nor did I notice the SD article before my initial post.  If
someone could convince me that Sage is reliable, I just might give it
a go.  Even Mathematica has had bugs in the past.  I really do get a
lot out of the Mathematica community, they tend to be really bright,
dedicated and creative people.  Making it to BarCamp is not a
possibility, although I would really like to see you fine folks
present.

   -jmz

--

( 602 ) 490 8006