Mathematica for Linux

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 11:59:55 MST 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 8:46 AM, Chris Gehlker <canyonrat at mac.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2007, at 9:56 PM, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I am curious to know if anyone here uses Mathematica for Linux.  I
> > use Mathematica, but have yet to see a working install on a Linux box.
> > Any info would be most appreciated.
>
> ASU is very much a Maple shop. For that reason I expect you  will
> find  more Maple users in metro Phoenix
> --
> Conscience is thoroughly well-bred and soon leaves off talking to
> those who do not wish to hear it.
> -Samuel Butler, writer (1835-1902)

  U of A has both systems installed on their public computers so I
assume that they use both.  Universities typically use Maple for
'serious' research, but I find Mathematica to be more pleasurable to
use.  It certainly has more of a 'play' factor to it.  I did read into
Sage, and my primary concern is that you are not given any insurance
that the libraries are properly implemented, and that could cause
major problems.

  -jmz