OT:Re: hw and sw xen

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sat Dec 8 11:43:23 MST 2007

Am 08. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Joshua Nalli so:

> der.hans wrote:
>> Am 07. Dec, 2007 schwätzte jwheat71 at cox.net so:
>>
>>>  Out of curiousity what classes are you teaching at MCC?
>>
>> I'm teaching GNU/Linux system administration. Phillip Waclawski has a few
>> classes and there is also an intro to GNU/Linux.
>>
>> http://www.LuftHans.com/node/5573
>>
>> I'm just finishing with the base sysadm class. In January I start with
>> the
>> networking class, which covers lots of services such as web, mail, ssh,
>> ftp, time and samba.

> Are these free classes?

No. They're regular community college classes. They're part of an
associates curriculum in Linux. No requirement to be working on a degree,
but it's possible to get one.

For those in other parts of town I know there have been regular GNU/Linux
classes at SMCC, GCC, SCC and Gilbert-Chandler.

PLUG offers lots of no cost presentations. We have monthly general
meetings on the west side of town and the east side of town. We also have
a monthly devel meeting.

We are, however, taking the rest of the year off on presentations.

This Thursday is our annual end of year party at the east side meeting.
Please show up and bring family and friends. It's a no obligation pot
luck. We've always had plenty of food ( more, especially non-sugar and
non-snack stuff ) is good :).

There will be no west side meeting this month as the school will be closed.

Next month we'll be back with the regularly scheduled presentations.
Contact me or any other member of the steering committee if you've got
something you'd like to present. Regular presentations can be anywhere
from 3 minutes to 45 minutes. Extended presentations up to 90 minutes are
also welcome.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Stell dir vor, es ist Krieg und keiner geht hin...