Battle for Wesnoth

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Dec 7 23:12:16 MST 2007

Am 07. Dec, 2007 schwätzte Rhune Lord so:

> Ubuntu 7.10
>
> I tried sudo apt-get install wesnoth-all but there are broken packages.

I know I've got wesnoth on my Gutsy install because I just got updates
this week :). Maybe the updates fixed the borken packages. Or maybe they
bork them.

I'm pretty certain I installed it a couple of years ago, though.

> I tried "Add/Remove Applications" and selected the all available
> applications and because Synaptic Package manager wants to control
> everything it won't let me install them.

Sounds like you might need to do a dist-upgrade to get everything synced
up.

aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade

Doesn't hurt to explicitly verify that you're current.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks."
#     -- Robert Heinlein