power supply

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 08:17:23 MST 2007

WOW that seems extreme.  Something must be going on that you lose so many power supplies.

I don't think I have lost one in 20 years.

For the lat 15 years I have used an Isobar surge suppressor to protect my equipment.  While they are a little pricey, losing a computer or worse some work and time makes them a cheap alternative.

Charles Jones <charles.jones at ciscolearning.org> wrote: Consider yourself lucky.  At my old house, there was something funky
with the power, because I went through about 8 power supplies, even good
expensive ones.  At the end I was buying cheapo $29 cases from Frys just
to get the power supply out of them (and then recycled the case).

My new house isn't quite as bad, but I've gone through 3 power supplies
here so far, including one that literally exploded and shot a cloud of
plasma-like fire out of it. Talk about an eye-opener at 3am :)

-Charles

Michael Havens wrote:
>  stupid thing is going out after three months! it is a CM Extreme 500 watt.
> any coments?

Keith Smith
(480) 584-4772
PHP Programming