OT: : Zope/Plone alternative

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:16:08 MST 2007

 Michael,

  Drupal is somewhat comparable to Zope/Plone.  There are a lots of
add on modules and most administration happens through the web.  I
have quite a bit of experience with Zope and  I tend to think it is a
dying platform.  Its biggest weakness is its installation
requirements, as LAMP services have become a low cost commodity.
Zope, however was the first major Open Source CMS and has its legacy
going for it.

 -jmz

On Dec 1, 2007 12:26 PM, Michael Sammartano <volinaz at cox.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for an alternative for Zope/Plone for my web site and stuff. I have really gotten used to it, and I am desperate for a host, however without the expensive price tag. I have tried some of the php CMS in the past, but this one was quite user friendly. Do any of you have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael
> --
> Please visit