Ogg Theora question

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 08:39:02 MST 2007

Update: I moved the file to my laptop and find it plays just fine using the
default "Movie Player" which does not work on the desktop.  Both are running
Ubuntu 7.04 although it was installed clean from a CD a few months back.
The desktop machine was upgraded from 6.10 and has more software added to
it.

Sure would like to learn how to track down this kind of issue.  This is one
of the few issues I have with the *nux methods.  Programs often fail
silently and since many operate using other software components it can be
very difficult to find out what is happening.  Certainly there are MANY
benefits from this kind of architecture but this is a side effect that can
be very troubling to the semi-learned.

--
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being
either proven right or pleasantly surprised.