Re: vmware on fedora 7

'josh coffman' joshcoffman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:49:01 MST 2007

Ahh, interesting. Honestly, I didn't think of trying a static ip setting.
Does the nic in the guest OS (XP) then need to be set to static or does it just work?

I did a bit more googling, and found a couple unsubstantiated claims. First, ndiswrapper might not allow bridging. Second, the vmware-any-any update might cause problems for wireless.

I'm using ndiswrapper and had to use the any-any update because F7 has a 2.5.21 kernel.

I should also check mac filtering on my router as that might be a problem.

-j