(slashdot, and others:) " Microsoft's New Permissive License [...]"

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 18:45:28 MST 2007

  Why not just take the stance that many others have: to look at all things
that come from Microsoft with utmost suspicion.  Case in point: Mono.  In my
view, if you are playing the role of a developer you would have to have the
attention span of a goldfish* to not be at least somewhat suspicious of
Microsoft's intentions.  oh an btw- please see Godwin's Law.  Im not sure if
Mussolini is covered under GW.

  -jmz

* or virtually no experience

On 8/19/07, eculbert <eculbert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> MicroShaft is up to no good. Since they basically lost
> the direct method...SCO thingy, now they are trying to
> get a foot hold and 'steer' linux/unix whatever into a
> corner, then stomp it with a new next generation OS
> that is totally impossible (at least for years unless
> linux totally redoes its base and or abandon's todays
> linux and somehow finds a niche that would be legal to
> use that MS hasn't got a patent on at that time) for
> linux systems to work with. Plain and simple. Join,
> trojan horse, Kill!! That has been done for how many
> eons in war?? Look at say Italy in the 30's and 40's.
> Hitler did that to them, Joined them, came in and
> stomped them..till we came ashore!! Italy was part of
> the axis in ww2, but when Germany marched in at their
> invite, then Hitler slapped them the first time they
> didn't see eye to eye. Read history, and I bet Billy
> Bob and his likes in Redmond are planning and scheming
> to do that to us if we are stupid enough to be like
> novel. Just wait and see.
>
> Anyone that tells me otherwise ... Well, ... Just look
> and see if 0S/2 is still around in any viable form!!
> Amiga??, etc. Microshaft wants to be the ONLY option,
> period end.
>
> Ed.
>

> --- Mike Schwartz <mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You may have already seen this.  It was on "/.":
> >
> > http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/08/18/1636213.shtml
> > and other places, e.g.:
> >

> http://www.nabble.com/For-Approval%3A-Microsoft-Permissive-License-tf4249705.html
> > --
> > Mike Schwartz
> > Glendale  AZ
> > schwartz at acm.org
> > Mike.L.Schwartz at gmail.com

> Hurry up November, already tired of the heat!
>
> AND NOW..........The humidity!
>
> Ed/ke7feg

.0000. communication.
.0001. development.