ANN: East Side Meeting, Thursday, August 9th

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Aug 7 22:29:30 MST 2007

The PLUG East Side Meeting will be held, Thursday, August 9th.

What: PLUG East Side Meeting
When: August 9th, 2007 @ 7:00pm
Where: Sequoia Charter School in Mesa
(See "East Side Meeting" information on the web site at
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/meetings/info)

Topics: GNU/Screen: What it is and how to use it.

Colin Rasor will do our main presentation.  He states:

I firmly believe that Screen will improve your life no matter who you
are or how you use it.

I will go over the current features in screen and how to use it. This
includes initial setup of screen how to bind new functions and split
windows/make logs of your current screen. All in all Their are so many
features in screen it would be hard to list all of them in a single
paragraph.

I will also go over the new features in Screen 4.1. Although 4.1 is
still considered a RC and you must get it from a CVS Snapshot, it has
proven very stable for me and has some of the coolest features. These
features have prompted me to give this presentation. New screen supports
vertical splits with resizing and a layout function that has improved my
daily work flow.

A bio from me reads a little slow. I devote all my time to my wife, dogs
and my current employer. I am a Senior Operations Engineer at Limelight
Networks. I work on a multitude of systems (5000+) all of which are UNIX
variants.

---[end quote]---

As usual we will also discuss the latest news and happenings in the
FS/OSS world.

PLUG T-Shirts will be available for purchase at $15 each.  We should
have some door prize drawing give away.

See you there!

Alan