Lenovo 3000 c200 installation issues remaining

James crawford jrefl5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:37:32 MST 2007

> Message: 3 Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:17:05 -0700 From: gm5729
> <gm5729 at gmail.com> Subject: Lenovo 3000 c200 installation issues
> remaining To: plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us Message-ID:
> <66026d800708071617q2c4cbd31tb339657bcc6749c2 at mail.gmail.com>
>> >
>> > Message: 3
>> > Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 20:54:51 -0700
>> > From: JT Moree <moreejt at pcxperience.com>
>> > Subject: Lenovo 3000 c200 installation issues remaining
>> > To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>

>> > have you tried playing with mplayer at the command line? I think there
>> > may be a debug output option you can use to get more info too.
>>

> The only things that came up running Ogle, Xine and Mplayer were
> problems with libdvdread and too many video packets in the buffer try
> using -ni option for non-interleaved (which I did) or the codec
> failed.

>> > There are issues with in kernel broadcom driver.  If you try to use the
>> > ndiswrapper you also have to blacklist the broadcom driver--which may
>> > not work because the driver is also in the initrd and the kernel
>> > sometimes loads it anyway.
>>

> I blacklisted bcm43xx when I was trying Ndiswrapper. Thing is the inf
> file loaded fine but no hardware was detected at all. At least with
> fw-cutter my hardware is being seen.

>> > This looks like the hardware switch is turned off.  Do you have a button
>> > for the wireless or a Fn key combination?
>>

> I have a button on the front that is switched to on and the little
> light on the front flashes and stays on too. However, for some reason
> dmesg shows that the hardware has been turned off.

I saw the same dmesg entries while setting up my HP dv5000 laptop have
you got the correct windows driver  file loaded for ndiswrapper?

    see:
http://www.svecc.com/SLUG.htm ( link to using NDISWRAPPER a pdf) or,
http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Networking/NdisWrapper_The_Ultimate_Guide/

which I based it own.