Pointless rant: Red Hat Enterprise Server sucks!

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Aug 5 21:26:01 MST 2007

Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com>:
> Randy Melder wrote:
>> Sounds like Kurt would be better off with Windows...
>> Whooops! Did I say that?!?
> Kurt may be too modest so I'll post this for him
> http://people.kde.org/kurt.html

Another Yooper in the desert!  Who would've thunk it, eh?
(I know MTU well, though I went to U of M.)  Kurt may
remember Neomaize, Apple Man, Monsoon, and Iconoclast if
he was on the Keeweenaw BBS scene at the appropriate time.
Or not.

Anyway:  I was never very impressed with any of the
pointy-clicky tools like YaST.  Most of the time, I was
annoyed at their inflexibility.  However, different people
have different needs, and a userspace programmer may have
different priorities than a guy like me.

Tony E - Jaraeth wrote:
> As a general rule, I don't use a shell script I didn't
> write.

...so you don't compile anything from source, and your
$LESSOPEN is unset.  Right?