HELP! Need a laptop for Linux Expo Tomorrow!

Phillip Waclawski waclawski at mail.mc.maricopa.edu
Sat Aug 4 03:05:48 MST 2007

I had thought I could make it through the hands on tutorial Monday with
the old linux laptop I had set up, but the video is basically dead.

I would have loved to have waited for a review of the Dell Ubuntu
laptops, but that is no longer possible, I leave sunday at 1:00pm, so...

I need a laptop that can works with linux. I have a wireless card and
ethernet card that I know will work fine, but I need a laptop,
preferably with DVD RW  and a decent video card.

Someplace like Fry's, PC Club, or even Best Buy if I have to, so long as
you know one that will work with a distro such as CentOS (preferred) or
Ubuntu.

I'd like to keep it in the $1300 or less range (preferably less).

Thanks for any help you guys can give me,
Phil Waclawski

CIS Faculty: Phil Waclawski
http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/~waclawski