sa-learn filtering and moving messages

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Wed Apr 25 11:22:55 MST 2007

On Wednesday 25 April 2007 10:53, Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I want to create a Spam folder and a Ham folder
> then create a cron job to run sa-learn --ham or --spam against each folder.
> Then after it scans the folder I would like it to move those messages to
> someplace else. The messages in Ham I would like to go back to my inbox so
> I know they've been scanned.
>
> I tried cat'ing the Ham file into my /var/spool/mail/nathan folder and now
> I'm getting some nasty 'file mbox-sync-rewrite.c' errors from dovecot.
>
> Is there a proper way to do this, or can it even be done?
>
> Nathan

The sa-learn command will remember messages it has seen so running it over and
over on the same message will have no effect other than the first time the
message is seen. My cron job for sa-learn just scans inside the maildirs I
have. I don't move anything anywhere.

--
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Homepage: http://the-hansons-az.net/