Dial-up Gateway Router/Firewall

chip33az at netscape.net chip33az at netscape.net
Wed Apr 25 07:54:23 MST 2007

I recently helped a friend set up IPCOP and the initial install is
extremely easy.  The biggest gotcha was with the QoS (he has Vonage).
We had to downgrade from 1.4.13 to 1.4.11 since QoS wasn't written for
1.4.13 and there was no time table.

IPCOP offers a variety of plug-ins (such as proxy or Dans Guardian).  I
would look through which ones you may want and see what version of IPCOP
they work with.