MP3 to Ogg conversion

Nathan Aubrey paysonlinux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 23:35:42 MST 2007

All,

I have literally thousands of mp3 files that I want to convert to ogg. They
are all legitimate files with no copyrights. Nonetheless, they all have tags
stating what each file is with author/title and other information in them. Is
there an easy way to convert them to ogg without having to manually write in
all the tagging info again?

I am hoping for something that will just read the info into the new file. I
know I'll loose some quality, but I'm willing to re-encode that as a larger
file to make up for it.

I want to get away from mp3 and stick with ogg.

nathan

PaysonLinux User Group
Community Based Linux Support
http://www.paysonlinux.org/

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations