Ubuntu 6.10

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:49:03 MST 2007

One more suggestion is to use the initial menu entry to check the CD.  It
can take a while is is wekk worth the time to determine that the CD is
working for the machine on which yoou are doing the install.  If the self
check of all the md5sums for all the files fails, it is definitely time to
try another download and burn before trying the install.

On 4/17/07, DX <ssjgolleta at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Make sure that your cd is not corrupted. I had the same problem once and
> I found out that for some reason the image I burned didn't work quite well.
> I downloaded Ubuntu from a different mirror and burned it again. That fixed
> the problem for me. It should only take about 5 minutes from beginning until
> it starts installing all the packages. Also another problem that has held me
> back is bad RAM. Do a memory test just to make sure. If you start getting a
> bunch of errors, you need to replace your RAM. If those don't work, in a few
> days theirs going to be a new release for Ubuntu. I would just wait and
> install the new release.
>

> On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 16:39 -0700, Ray Cantwell wrote:
>
> Hello All,I just downloaded and am installing Ubuntu for the first time, i like to try all the flavors :-) . I was just wondering, is it normal for Ubuntu to take a really long time to install, i have a Lenovo thinkpad R60 w/ 2.0 Intel and 1 gig of ram and the install speed is killing me. Any guidance would be appreciated.Ray---------------------------------------------------PLUG-discuss mailing list - PLUG-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.usTo subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail settings:http://lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss