How do I save a disk image of my laptop hard drive?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Fri Apr 6 13:09:01 MST 2007

(Again I am sure some one has beaten me to this, but)

dd will not compress your drive, so if you have an 80GB drive you will
need at least 80GB of space. Though I remember some trick to this like
dd|tar|zip|net but I do not recall.

I have used several windows based tools off of a live windows diag disk
I have (ultimate boot disk for windows 4) such as xml drive copy and
they work great and are much cheaper then ghost, but somehow not as
comforting as ghost...