How do I save a disk image of my laptop hard drive?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Fri Apr 6 06:33:18 MST 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007 21:49, Jon M. Hanson wrote:
> Is this an IDE drive? If so, is it hda?

Knoppix "sees" hda1 and hda2 as they are available read only from the desktop.
One points to the Linux partition and one points to the Windows partition.
However, when I type mount at the root prompt, hda is not mentioned (nor hda1
nor hda2).

There is also an hdc, but I can't seem to access it. Perhaps that is the swap
partition?

I am so confused!

--
Mark