How do I save a disk image of my laptop hard drive?

jordi laforge laforge.jordi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:27:36 MST 2007

I think in order to dd over the network you would have to boot to a livecd
of some sort then you can pipe
dd through netcat to a network drive waiting for you. Or as my boss has
suggested maybe you could drop to a lower runlevel and do it that way sans
livecd. There are plenty of tutorials on this. Use "The Google" as the
president would say.