Ann: "Linux Lunch" Tuesday, April 10th, 11:00AM

Carlos Macedo Gomes powerofprimes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:55:53 MST 2007

Maybe someone can bring a Penguin doll (or several) to the lunches to
mark out the PLUG friendly territory.  If dolls/icons are not
available then someone can always bring their favority O'Reilly (or
other publisher) Linux book, Linux/FOSS magazines, or even stack of
printouts of favorite man pages :-) and use those to mark out the
area.  A friend has this great "vi" user bumper sticker that would
hang nicely on a chopstick or straw :-).

In the mid-90s I attended cypherpunk meetings in Austin, TX and we
usually had at least one person bring a copy of Bruce Schneier's (red
covered) Applied Cryptography[1] book.  The book(s) would be placed
prominently in whatever area we met to allow people to join (or even
to sit in earshot and join anonymously).  We were not poster children
for Benetton so we were easy to spot in a crowd but the books helped.

ymmv,
C.G.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Applied-Cryptography-Protocols-Algorithms-Source/dp/0471128457/ref=sr_1_2/002-4744246-6468823?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175799046&sr=8-2

powerofprimes at gmail.com