OT Anyone Using Quest 29.95 High Speed Internet

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 17:11:42 MST 2006

I think there is good logic in what you say.  I think Internet connectivity will be much different in 10 years than today.

Slightly different but maybe close example.  In 1999 I paid $40.00/mo for 250M / 3g trans  / several email accounts hosting.  Today I can get tons more than I hope to use for only $5.00/mo.  What will shared hosting cost 5 or 6 years from now.  Will there even be shared hosting.  Maybe everyone will have a VPS for $5.00/mo with much better tools.

The way things are going you might have a go anywhere card or appliance that has a persistive Internet connection for only $10.00/mo in 5 to 10 years.

Back to the future ...ur reality!
Keith

Darrin Chandler <dwchandler at stilyagin.com> wrote: On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:40:50PM -0700, JT Moree wrote:

> I just signed up for phone, dsl, and wireless.  being new in town I have
> none of these yet (locally).  I got the 21.99 for life package for 24
> months and beyond.  They say it will remain that way forever but I
> haven't seen any fine print yet.

There seems to be some skepticism about "21.99 for life" that is
misplaced if you think about it. $21.99 wouldn't have been out of the
ballpark for premium dial-up service 10 years ago. And that's in 1996
dollars. It's Moore's Law, slightly modified. They're not going to lose
money on you down the road.

This is like mobile phones. I'm with T-Mobile. A while back they called
me and offered to upgrade my contract. More minutes for less money. I
asked various questions, like would I have to extend my contract? Nope.
Similar questions were answered the same way. I accepted and it
all turned out to be true. I pay less and get more. The mobile phone
market is fiercly competitive, and they merely offered me the going
rates to keep me as a happy customer. The alternative is to keep gouging
me (as of today, not 2 years ago) and risk losing me when I switch to
another carrier.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |

Keith Smith