video capture

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed Sep 27 13:49:42 MST 2006

I am video taping people speaking and different events happening, then we want
to make that video available on video cd or downloadable off our web site.
It has to be avi as the majority of our visitors will more than likely be
windows people. This is not a paid project so I can not pay for software or a
new machine to do this with.

Since the only systems I have run linux, I really want to do this with linux,
but if it's not possible, and it's looking to really be more of a pain than
it's worth, I will get a copy of windows.

The only equipment I am purchasing is a DvdExpress 2 USB capture box for
capturing the video/audio onto a machine.

I have two laptops that I use for everything, and I really want to avoid
putting windows on one of them...

Ogg just isn't an option. It doesn't work well in the windows world where
people don't know how to download codecs, nor want the hastle.

nathan