Ubuntu group (Was: Re: roll call: Ubuntu users)

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 12:44:21 MST 2006

 Note:  I do not aim to take anything away from PLUG.  A LoCo group is a
specific thing that may or may not fit well with the operations and views
harbored at PLUG.  I do not want to impose unpredictable effects on PLUG at
this time.  In summary I do not suggest that PLUG and Arizona LoCo are
mutually exclusive, but I also do not imply that they are mutually
interchangeable.

 In a general note, I regard PLUG as the best technical group in the
Valley.  I have had minimal interactions with Hans and Alan and they have
extended a measure of generosity to me in hosting a presentation and
responding to questions in a forthright manner.  Hans and Alan have been
great.  Thanks!

 -jmz

On 9/25/06, Eric Shubes <plug at shubes.net> wrote:

> Josh Coffman wrote:
> >
> > --- Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> there is no particular
> >> groups are taken fairly
> >> may be a bit alien to
> >>

> >>   No reason other than my feeling that PLUG should
> >> not favor any one distro
> >> over another.
> >

> > I feel the same. PLUG as it is has been very helpful
> > to me personally, and I assume many others.
> >
> > Also, I wouldn't want side groups to detract from PLUG
> > either. Most of us have limited time, and committing
> > time to something usually means less time for
> > something else.
> >
> > However, people who are passionate about something and
> > are so inclined should follow their heart. If that
> > means starting a local Ubuntu group, then do it.
> >
> > If we're voting, I vote PLUG remain as it is: A
> > distro-agnotistic and friendly group for occasionally
> > linux-relevant discussion. :)
> >

> I agree that PLUG should not *favor* a particular distribution. At the
> same
> time, I don't see why PLUG couldn't be the LoCo group without *becoming*
> (solely) the LoCo group. The LoCo group would exist as a sort of subset of
> PLUG. Then again, if the LoCo group needs to formally exist, it can't be a
> part of PLUG because, as we all (should) know, PLUG doesn't actually
> exist. ;)
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

.0000. communication.
.0001. development.
.0010. strategy.
.0100. appeal.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
IT Consultant

++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner at gmail.com