Wireless link solution?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 22:40:51 MST 2006

There is a kind of wireless bridge which is useful for connecting clusters
of machines wirelessly.  Buffalo calls it an ethernet converter.  Basicly,
the box has 4 ethernet ports and acts as a shared wireless client to an AP
somewhere else on the network.  If that AP is in your router, then all
machines can be happily part of the same network.  The machines connected to
the 4 ethernet ports only think they have a wired connection.  BTW I have
tried this out but for someone else so I cannot speak to any bottlenecks or
other speed issues.

On 9/24/06, Kevin Brown <kevin_brown at qwest.net> wrote:

> I have a problem where I need to link my network together over,
> preferably, a wireless connection.  All the systems will be part of one
> slightly larger LAN within my home, but they are clustered in areas of
> the house that make running cable more painful than I consider
> worthwhile.  Also, I don't want to have to buy wireless NIC's for all my
> systems as I would take a local performance hit on the systems that are
> physically near each other doing that.
>
> So, anyone have a recommendation on a small embedded device (linksys or
> otherwise) that allows the linking of two of them together for the
> purposes of acting as an invisible bridge?

and those who matter don't mind.  - Dr. Seuss