Mail server recommendations?

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 20:37:14 MST 2006

--- "der.hans" <PLUGd at LuftHans.com> wrote:

> Are you wanting to run a full load of ISP mail services?
>
> MTA
> spam blocker ( maybe a seperate virus blocker as well )
> delivery ( to the mailbox )
> client daemons ( IMAP, POP )
> webmail
> backups
> address book management
>
> Is this just for you or also for others?
> Is it for one domain or for multiple domains?
> Do you want to also setup mailing lists?

I'm just starting small, getting my feet wet and learning.  It would just be
an MTA, possibly client daemons.  I don't need spam blocker because it would
only be monitoring email addresses that aren't publicly known and get no
spam. It would not need to accept outside mail, as it's a personal, home
thing, and Cox probably blocks the incoming port anyway...

As I said, I don't need it, just learning about it :)  I appreciate all the
replies to this, I'm currently experimenting with exim.  I almost have it set
up the way I want it.