Wifi on SuSE 10.1

Carl Parrish lists at pcl-consulting.com
Wed Sep 20 14:27:26 MST 2006

Okay I just installed SuSE 10.1 on a friends Gateway laptop. Everything
more or less went smooth except I can't get his wireless card working.
This is a dual boot laptop on the MS side everything is okay and when I
use an ethernet cable everything is all right but when I try going
wireless its dead. YaST says its a Gateway 2000 88E8038 PCI-E Fast
Ethernet Controller. I don't know if he has a seperate wireless
controller or not. but like I said it works in MS and this is all that
YaST sees. Any ideas?