Scanner Recommendations

Ben Francom bfrancom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:07:36 MST 2006

On 9/18/06, Ben Francom <bfrancom at gmail.com> wrote:

> The downside is that they have a very narrow depth of field and any curved
> > object, say an open book won't scan well.  Basically these scanners will
> > only
> > work with very flat copy.  CCD scanners work better with 3D
> > opjects.  Try
> > your watch or a leaf sometime.
>

> Good to know.  Thanks Carl.  I haven't scanned anything but 1 page (B/W)
> lineart.  I'll have to test a couple things with more depth and post the
> pics.
> -Ben

I meant, thanks Dennis...and here are those pics
Blackberry
http://bfrancom.googlepages.com/bbscan.jpg

Pen
http://bfrancom.googlepages.com/penscan.jpg

Picture
http://bfrancom.googlepages.com/penscan.jpg

I wasn't satisfied with the picture scan as that the color depth wasn't
great, and there were some lines.  I just used default settings on the
scanner @ 300dpi.  Google's site creator doohickey reformatted my pics from
png's to jpg's, so there may have been a slight loss there too.
Don't know exactly what you need Carl, but hopefully this'll aid in your
decision.