Unable to login with new monitor attached

Gerard J Snitselaar snits at snitselaar.org
Tue Sep 19 16:42:18 MST 2006

I think adding single to the kernel line will boot you to single user mode.
Then go change /etc/inittab to start at run-level 3 until you figure out
what is causing the problem. I don't know if it would be a xorg.conf problem or
something else. There is a way to have X generate a config file based on what
it detects. I'd compare that to your current config and see what is different.
I believe X -configure will generate the config file.