OT: battery power and generation

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Sep 18 10:43:44 MST 2006

All,

I live in a travel trailer full time and move from place to place. I always
hook up to power at the camp ground / trailer park and have never needed to
use my batteries unless the power goes out, which in northern AZ is quite
often.

Anyway, I want to start using my batteries more and not paying APS for
electric, so I am looking into solar generation or a gas generator to
supplement. But I am completely ignorant of the way power works or what
amp/hours means and all that.

I have two 12volt deep cycle batteries, what do I need to charge them and how
long could it take to charge them?

I know I could ask this on an RV forum, but being a tech junkie, and you all
as well, I'm assuming someone will know some tricks so I could possibly build
something myself... Possibly creating an interface to my computer to
monitor/control any of this.

nathan
--
Nathan England