Website contributions (Was: Re: The site is down)

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Sep 8 16:05:13 MST 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 02:31:10PM -0700, Shawn Badger wrote:
> I personally would be interested in a sysadm type of meeting! I get some
> out of the other topics, but usually find most of the east side meetings
> (the only ones I have attended) to be of little interest to me. Although
> I liked the Blender presentations!

You might be interested in some of the BSD meetings. How BSD specific
they are varies, but often enough it'll be applicable to Linux. Recently
we've done Nagios and Kerberos topics that would transfer pretty well.
If you're interested then check the web site (in my sig) for upcoming
meeting topics, etc.

Then perhaps there could be a synergy between PLUG, PhxBUG, and LOPSA.
"Joint" meetings where the topics are applicable to the three groups.
Minor differences between BSD and Linux could be covered but kept to a
minimum. Nagios would have been great for that, I think.

For dev meetings it might be nice to pull in some presenters from
Phoenix.pm, AZonRails, etc., or once again have a "Joint" meeting.
Different groups could "host" depending on circumstances.

I'm trying to think of how to get the benefits of SIGs with less pain.
Any suggestions?

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |