Spam and Ham

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 8 08:30:52 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 08:05 -0700, Nathan England wrote:
> Many of the users are pop3 based, how do I get them to move ham or spam into a
> folder that the server can use?
----
you can't - pop3 has no concept of folders at all
----

> Don't shoot me for admiting this, but most of them are using Outlook
> Express... <ducks>
>
> I can't redirect emails, and if they forward the messages, won't it pick add
> themselves to the spam lists?
>
> I'm going to have to re-read some of the docs on the new version of SA
----
pop3 users can't/shouldn't participate in ham/spam identification.

I suppose you could have a special mailbox for them to forward spam
messages but that has the possibility of increasing the trustworthiness
of the messages since the messages will be coming for a source more
likely to be trusted.

Craig