The site is down

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Sep 6 16:05:25 MST 2006

Am 06. Sep, 2006 schwätzte Mike Schwartz so:

> On 9/6/06, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:

>> We left HTML to allow members to contribute to the site.  In the end,
>> we have not had very many contributions from the general
>> membership, for whatever reason.
>
> I may not be [completely] keeping up, here (sorry),
> but I thought that ("allow members to contribute to the site")
> was what a wiki was for;
> (also, an archive of the mail lists, such as this one...)
> just 0.02,  ...from:

A wiki is one way of allowing people to contribute.

As it's setup anyone can submit articles and links for use on the PLUG web
site. There are a few moderators who can then approve them to be published
to the site. It's a slashdot type of setup.

We welcome more contributors and more moderators.

Articles are used for meeting announcements, job postings, class schedules
for local community colleges, ...

We don't want to split people between the site and the list, but we also
want to have enough info on the site to draw in people just discovering
PLUG.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Fairy Tale, n.: A horror story to prepare children for the newspapers.