The site is down

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Sep 5 10:32:01 MST 2006

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:12:51AM -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> Darrin Chandler wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 07:37:39AM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> >
> >> The PLUG website is down.  It was hacked sometime early this morning.
> >> (Joomla! and or it's addons is proving to be quite insecure.)
> >>
> >> I don't have time to do much with it right now.  It'll have to wait till
> >> tonight.  Sorry about that.  Please be as patient as possible.
> >>

> > If you decide at some point to switch to something else (drupal, plone,
> > etc)
>
> I think I feel a flame war coming on :).  Plone is very secure.  It is

Now, now. Let's all play nicely together. ;-)

> based in Zope which is much more mature than Joomla or Drupal.  Joomla
> and Drupal are much more popular though, if you are just counting
> heads.  I wouldn't expect as much capacity from Plone, but I don't think
> that will be a problem for the PLUG site.  If you want to develop in
> Plone, count me in a volunteer as well.  Keep in mind it does not
> typically work with a standard Apache installation( it doesn't require
> Apache at all ).  jmz

I think you're right that Plone would handle the PLUG site just fine.

I mention Drupal because I've found it simple to install and use, and
patch. With your familiarity with Plone I'm sure you can say the same
about it. I'm not a fan of PHP, so I have no special love for Drupal.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |