The site is down

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:12:51 MST 2006

Darrin Chandler wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 07:37:39AM -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
>
>> The PLUG website is down.  It was hacked sometime early this morning.
>> (Joomla! and or it's addons is proving to be quite insecure.)
>>
>> I don't have time to do much with it right now.  It'll have to wait till
>> tonight.  Sorry about that.  Please be as patient as possible.
>>

> If you decide at some point to switch to something else (drupal, plone,
> etc)

I think I feel a flame war coming on :).  Plone is very secure.  It is
based in Zope which is much more mature than Joomla or Drupal.  Joomla
and Drupal are much more popular though, if you are just counting
heads.  I wouldn't expect as much capacity from Plone, but I don't think
that will be a problem for the PLUG site.  If you want to develop in
Plone, count me in a volunteer as well.  Keep in mind it does not
typically work with a standard Apache installation( it doesn't require
Apache at all ).  jmz

--
.0000. communication.
.0001. development.

JOSHUA M. ZEIDNER
IT Consultant

++power; ++perspective; ++possibilities;
( 602 ) 490 8006
jjzeidner at gmail.com