IPs and masks

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:57:34 MST 2006

It looks now like the problem is an application problem (Canon's PhotoEX for
my digital camera).  The Save As lets me navigate to the desired location
but will not save there.  It may still be the firewall but if so, it should
be popping a windw to ask if I will allow it and that is not happening.  The
Firewall log does not show anything on either machine.  I found I AM able to
copy files to and from the common storage using other methods using either
Linux or Windows.

This is a home network of machines.  Some run Windows (mostly XP), some
Linux, some dual boot XP and Linux (Ubuntu flavors mostly), a TiVo box, and
sometimes visiting machines I work on for people.  I am running an eTrust
Personal Firewall on the Windows bootups but none on the Linux machines.
They all sit behind a Linksys WRT54G.  Not being a networking guru I do get
confused sometimes about causes for things.  Thanks for all your help and
sorry I did not check this further before bothering folks.