change day for west side?

Mike Schwartz mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:47:45 MST 2006

On 11/29/06, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> moin moin,
>
> the west side meeting is the same night as the AzPHP meeting. They might
> be 30 miles apart, but this is actually a conflict in getting people to
> attend and getting presenters.
>
> Also, all of the PLUG meetings during the week are on Tuesday and Thursday
> nights. There are people who already have Tue/Thu activities, so they
> can't attend any of the PLUG meetings.
>
> I would like to move the meeting to either a Monday or a Wednesday night.
> Any votes for one or the other?
>
> We can also move to earlier in the month. I'd actually like to not do that
> as having stuff spread out during the month is good, but those who would
> actually attend regularly and the school have priority in that decision,
> as far as I'm concerned.
>
> The west side meeting is at a high school and our meeting sponsor is the
> principle. We'd like to get the students involved in the meetings over
> there. Having activities a little earlier would help with that.
>
> Starting stuff at 17:00 might work quite well for the school. A suggestion
> I made was to have a Blender ( www.Blender.org ) class from 17:00 to
> 18:00 before the meeting. We could then have a half hour of just hanging
> out and then start the PLUG meeting at 18:30. We could also just move the
> meeting up to 17:00.
>
> I'd like to make the change ( if we're going to change ) in January.
>
> Remember there is not west side meeting in Dezember as the school will be
> closed.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> [...]

> [...] move the meeting to either a Monday or a Wednesday night.
> Any votes for one or the other?

As for me, "most" non-Tuesday time-slots would be great.
Wed. would be better than Mon. for me.  YMMV.

> We can also move to earlier in the month.[...]

No vote from me on this [since]
I "don't care".

> [...] a high school [...]. We'd like to get the students involved[...]
> [...] Having activities a little earlier would help with that.

> Starting stuff at 17:00 [...] A suggestion
> [...] Blender [...] from 17:00 to 18:00 before the meeting. [...]
> We could also just move the meeting up to 17:00.

OK with me;  actually,
No vote from me on any of this "other" stuff, since
I "don't care" - - - except that (of course) anything that
improves attendance "by any means", is probably a good idea.

   Linux is used a lot at the co. where I work now (www.astronautics.com)
("Astronautics Corp. of Americal", abreviated ACA), and the location of
our ACA Phoenix Office is right near I-17 and Dunlap (just 5 mi. S. of
the current location for the W. side meetings).  [so] if we have the meeting

time a little closer to "right after work", then that might even get some
[more] of the ACA folks to attend.  Just a thought...
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org