change day for west side?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Nov 29 21:49:44 MST 2006

moin moin,

the west side meeting is the same night as the AzPHP meeting. They might
be 30 miles apart, but this is actually a conflict in getting people to
attend and getting presenters.

Also, all of the PLUG meetings during the week are on Tuesday and Thursday
nights. There are people who already have Tue/Thu activities, so they
can't attend any of the PLUG meetings.

I would like to move the meeting to either a Monday or a Wednesday night.
Any votes for one or the other?

We can also move to earlier in the month. I'd actually like to not do that
as having stuff spread out during the month is good, but those who would
actually attend regularly and the school have priority in that decision,
as far as I'm concerned.

The west side meeting is at a high school and our meeting sponsor is the
principle. We'd like to get the students involved in the meetings over
there. Having activities a little earlier would help with that.

Starting stuff at 17:00 might work quite well for the school. A suggestion
I made was to have a Blender ( www.Blender.org ) class from 17:00 to
18:00 before the meeting. We could then have a half hour of just hanging
out and then start the PLUG meeting at 18:30. We could also just move the
meeting up to 17:00.

I'd like to make the change ( if we're going to change ) in January.

Remember there is not west side meeting in Dezember as the school will be
closed.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  Fairy Tale, n.: A horror story to prepare children for the newspapers.