Mostly OT: Windows system cleaning?

fouldragon at aol.com fouldragon at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 23:48:01 MST 2006

 I find it's usually worthwhile to just do a blast-and-clean-install. Even my own Win2000 box, with minimal work done on it, becomes annoyingly sluggish after six months or so.

 You can then start with a shiny clean copy with the service packs integrated, and all the latest drivers, and no bits left behind (I probably no longer need the drivers for my defunct TV card, or the printer I replaced, lounging on the drive)

 Good chance to load them up on open source goodies too... GIMP, OpenOffice, favourite free IM clients, Firefox, etc.