root user and any GUI

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:23:25 MST 2006

It sounds like somehow the false assumption is that you can't use gui
tools through root commandline.
It's done all of the time, and has been done for more than a decade by
myself....
It's just accepted practice to not run anything other than necessary
as root.  Freedom isn't one of the things restrained.

To use sudo without passwording, visudo and use the following line:
username     ALL=(ALL)  NOPASSWD: ALL

change username to the username you log in as.

Then you can use sudo with any command.  sudo "command".
Now that you know, you can use that knowledge.

--Dan

--
"Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it."
-Napoleon Bonaparte