opera

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss at granroth.org
Thu Nov 23 22:21:34 MST 2006

Michael Havens wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:24:59 -0700
> "Edward Norton" <r00t3d at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/23/06, Michael Havens <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> it replied /etc/menu/opera
>>> for some reason I don't think that's right.
>>
>> I agree, that doesn't sound right. Are you sure you installed the
>> package correctly?
>
> I went into the directory and typed 'dselect install <file>'

Okay, I'm not a debian user BUT, here are some things to look for.

First, try seeing what files are in that package:

dpkg -L <file>

Look for the file that's in a 'bin' directory.  Perhaps it's called
'Opera' or 'opera-7' or something like that.

As far as that goes, you can try a different 'find' to widen the search:

find / -iname "opera*" -print

Finally, if you are running Gnome or KDE, you might look in the menus to
see if a .desktop item was automatically installed.  It may be that all
you have to do click on it to get it to run.