Sign Bruce Perens' Open Letter to Novell

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Nov 23 20:16:25 MST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 05:12:18PM -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> On 11/23/06, Edward Norton <r00t3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You said Bruce Perens is reputable in the OSS community, then you said to
> >take his statements with "more than a grain of salt." I may be wrong, but
> >it
> >seems to imply you should be even more skeptical of his statements.
>
>  Jeez, don't you guys have anything better to do on Thanksgiving?

Yes.

>  the idiom 'with a grain of salt' means to be skeptical... 'more than a
> grain of salt' means with confidence.  I'm not sure what 'with gravy' or
> 'with cranberry sauce' means.  I do know that 'spiteful nitpicking' makes
> you look like a resentful loser, and has a tendency to take the subject
> completely off topic.  jmz

If that's an apology to Mr Norton, it's a poor one. I wouldn't be
surprised if he didn't accept it.

Next time you spout nonsense and three people have trouble understanding
you, you might just allow that it's you not making sense. However
lacking in lucidity, you've succeeded brilliantly in making your
character apparent.

Happy Thanksgiving!

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |