Novel and Microsoft

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Wed Nov 22 18:37:35 MST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Jerry Davis wrote:
> Ok, this sounds a LOT like the parable of the camel and tent.
> For those who do not know it:
<snip>
> I'll let you guess who the camel is -- M$ or the Linux Community.

I'll guess Linux community.  We let Micrsoft go sell SuSE so that they can
run virtualized Windows instances on it because the corp wants Exchange.
Then it becomes much faster to run the server directly on SuSE than to go
through that silly virtualization :)

I think this whole thing has been blown out of context.  The reality is
that now Novell can go to customers who had "legal concerns" about buying
Linux and say "nope, don't worry about it."  This is far easier than
actually educating those customers that thier legal concerns are
unjustified.

 		--Ted