Filters for .gif spam?

Vaughn Treude vltreude at deru.com
Wed Nov 22 13:09:40 MST 2006

Speaking of spam....
Since I switched to Thunderbird (1.5.0.7) I've been using the "junk"
filter.  It only took about a week to get it trained.  Now it's putting
about 95% of the spam in the "junk" folder.  It's only mis-identified
legitimate emails as junk twice so far.

I haven't been nearly so lucky with my webmail.  I switched over much of
my business correspondence to my webmail account with Deru (I use the
"Horde" interface), which gets any and all messages addressed to
nakota-software.com.  I know I get a lot more spam on that because there
are bots out there harvesting my URL.  I've been blacklisting every
piece of spam I've received for a couple of weeks but I don't think I'm
getting any repeats.  I suppose I should figure out how to have it
reject everything that's not on my whitelist, but that seems like a hassle.

Or I guess I could just set it to forward everything to a POP account,
and let Thunderbird take care of it.

Vaughn