Lighter file manager/browser/email

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 10:41:23 MST 2006

I would forget KDE and Gnome if you want lightweight.  icewm seemed to me to
be a good mix of configurable while not being too hoggy.  As for file
manager, why use one at all?  There's only very rare occasions when it's
faster than using CLI commands.

I use rxvt instead of xterm, it seems to be much smaller.  Although a few
things like man pages that want to use the "real" quotes (I think it's
Unicode, but never looked into it) don't show up, at least with the version
of rxvt I have.