Ubuntu vs. Apple [WAS: Re: Novel and Microsoft]

eric© ericlists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 16:44:20 MST 2006

Were all your PC notebooks in the desktop replacement catagory?  New
batteries?  Even with a battery that only had half the rated capacity, my
Thinkpad R40 got 2 hours out of the battery, including using an Cisco 350
Aironet wifi card doing normal email/web type stuff.  My R51, with about 2/3
of the capacity left, gets about 90 mins.  My Sony Vaio F480 easilly got
about 6 hours between two 3 year old batteries.  My ex-girlfriends HP ze5200
desktop replacement however, only got about 45 mins on a brand new battery.

eric