Video Cards/linux

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Nov 16 13:51:26 MST 2006

> Re: suggestion that they look at SuSE Enterprise...they get the added
> 'benefit' of having 5 years of protection from Microsoft patents   ;-)
>
> sorry, couldn't resist.
>
> I couldn't in all good conscience recommend SuSE to anyone these days.
> Apparently the editor of Linux Journal is of a similar opinion...
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000121
>
> Craig

I am thinking that the protection Microsoft is expecting from Novell is the
kind where, Microsoft takes what it wants from anything GPL'd and when they
come after Microsoft for license problems, they will call on Novell to
indemnify them.

I was playing with some SuSE stuff, but that all fell by the way side. Since
I'm a KDE guy, I'm still burned by RedHat from years ago...
But I may stick with them now.

nathan