kubuntu - rpm like functionality

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Fri Nov 10 23:11:29 MST 2006

Ok, got kubuntu up and running. my Intel Pro/Wireless 2915 was recognized and
came up automagically. That was even better than Mandrake 2005LE a couple of
years ago!

Now, I need to get some programs, like for instance - I am addicted to pysol.

I know how to do the rpm -Uvh of a python rpm, but how do you do package
management in kubuntu.

I invoked adept_installer, and all it gave me were KDE or GNOME packages in
its list.

I'll get this debian based stuff yet, but I have a few kinks to iron out
first.

Jerry

--
Happy Trails!

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

Jeep Motto #2: Paved Roads are a Fine Example of Needless Government Spending!