LDAP authentication

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Wed May 31 09:38:58 MST 2006

I have ldap and samba authentication working great... for windows machines.
Now I want my linux workstations to use it as well.
The machines that already have user accounts localy have the correct
/home/user folder, but if a non-local user logs in it says they don't have
a home dir and logs them in using / instead.

Is there a way to have it locally create a user account?
What I really want is it to just create a folder /home/user and copy the
skel dir, but not actually create a local account in /etc/passwd.

I'm not having any luck with google today...