(no subject)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed May 31 07:07:31 MST 2006

> My primary question was actually "is the -dev package not on the CD?"  I
> didn't see it, frankly I didn't see a lot of -dev packages at all, and all the
> apt-gets in the world don't do anything on a machine which can't reach the
> Internet itself.
>
> The development tools are what sold me on Unix.  I put Minix 2.0.0 on a 16MHz
> 286 because I had a C class coming up the following autumn, and it just went
> from there.  It's a shame to see them disappear, like how the ROM BASICs of
> 6502-based home computers turned to the disc-loaded GWBASIC of the IBM clone,
> and finally the no-free-BASIC-whatsoever Windows system.

You may like using NetBSD or OpenBSD. (I purposely exclude FreeBSD and
DragonFly because they don't include X11 headers in native installs
although they are definitely available.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8 at I;C5?@H5B0D at 5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'